It was an eventful year...a year chock full some may say, of events. Here at Twin Peaks headquarters in the snowy north country we must now take time to reflect of said events, because that is what December 31st is all about.
So here they are, the highlights of 2013 from your favourite busty buddies:
2. We got our very own tour van thanks to our wildly succesful indiegogo campaign. Samuel L. Vanson made it through two gruelling tours and a harsh Canadian winter and we love him dearly.
2. We kicked off our May tour with another sold-out show at one of our favourite venues in Fort St. John, The Lido! Twin Peaks and Tall Cans spent the majority of May touring Alberta and BC with a short stop back home to stretch our van legs and sleep in our own beds..or in Tall Cans case a makeshift futon bed in an entertainment room. Then it was back on the road to travel to one of our most epic desinations so far. Vancouver Island Musicfest!
3. Vancouver Island Musicfest is an event which stands alone for us. Not only did we get to play with friends at a giant festival but we had the opportunity to play stages with bands beyond our years, Arianna Gillis, Ronny Cox (no relation to Doug and have you ever seen the film Deliverance? NO not the pig guy!), and Library Voices. We also met one of our favourite new bands of 2013, The Cumberland Brothers. We listened to their EP Gamey about a kajillion times. We loved these guys so much that we asked them to play on our new album due out in early 2014!
4. We were nominated for two awards this year and we won one!!! Our first ever awards show experience was the 2013 Vancouver Island Music Awards which were open to the rest of the province for the first time this year. We came home with the hardware and everyone was stoked!
The second stab at glory did not go quite so well but attending the Breakout West Festival and Western Canadian Music Awards was a blast and once again we had a chance to see some great live acts (WiL, 100 Mile House, Jeff Stuart and the Hearts, Five Alarm Funk, etc.) and learn some valuable tips and tricks of the 'ol music trade along the way.
5. We began recording our full length album with our dear friend Barry Mathers, read more about Redhouse Recording here. Keep looking for the release date TBA.
As always friends it has been great sharing some of these awesome experiences with you and we hope to share many more in the near future!
Look out 2014 Twin Peaks is coming for you!
Regular People, Regular Problems.